Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 328

"Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I want to go to bed. Had a little drink about an hour ago (I wish...) and it's gone right to my head". Sing that in a ghostly voice, like you might find in a horror film where the slightly disturbed, main (lonely, single, girl/lady) character hears dead people whispering in her mind, and you’ll have some idea of what it sounds like in my head right now. Dark and twisty like carnivals and bearded ladies and merry-go-rounds and clowns. Nothing is scarier than a clown. Well, maybe “Mr Wimpy” is, or anything in a costume, or a mask…

The reason for this sudden onset of trauma between the ears is that I had a couple of hours over a “power nap” before tea (annoying headache wouldn’t go away) and had a horrible and weirdly recurring nightmare about starving puppies in a house with skeletons in the attic and a mass murderer with a very sharp knife, behind every door. I was having quite a nice day until that point. Up, down, up, down, up, down...there goes my mood.

Today I went to Ikea. On the bus. All on my own. (I did a triumphant air punch when I got back in the house). Although, I couldn't help but try to reconcile the thoughts of trying to end one's life with going shopping to fill it up with nice things. Or maybe I should just stop thinking and stroke my new Breton style, stripy rug that cost six British pounds. And kill a few moths. Apparently we have Primark and their £30 cashmere cardigans to blame for their sudden up rising: more woolly things, more moths. Hand me a cedar ball please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home